Friday 27 August 2010

Folksy Friday - Rainbows

I have just returned from camping at the fabulous Greenman Festival in Glanusk Park in South Wales where I had a wonderful time - both because of, and in spite of the weather!
The setting was brilliant, with the main stage set in a natural amphitheatre with a backdrop of the Brecon Beacons, which not only looked amazing but the gentle sloping banks meant vertically challenged people like me could always see the stage!

The bands were great  - my special highlights from the headliners include Billy Bragg, Laura Marling and The Flaming Lips - but as always, Greenman excelled at providing a range of less well known performers including Coco's Lovers who managed to keep us entertained with a barn-stomping acoustic set when the power was lost in one of the tents due to the heavy rain!

And so...onto the rain...

I shall not dwell on the wetness of (some of) the weather we experienced over the weekend, or on the mud, or the very, very, very long walk back to the car carrying wet camping equipment, but focus on the fact that the sun did shine for some of the time and because of this we saw some amazing rainbows!

In honour of these cheerful wonders of beauty, I have chosen some rainbow themed items for this week's Folksy Friday. I hope they cheer you up and brighten your day just as much as the real life rainbows did for me!


From left to right

5 comments:

  1. Love rainbows! These items are fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a great time camping! I love South Wales. Wew lived there for a fair few years. Thanks for featuring my bag. I have been eyeing that felted soap up for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Camping, last time I went we had sleet, hail, rain and sun, so the complete mix!

    Adore all your themed items, they are all lovely!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve never tried camping, it does sound fun. Thanks for including the rainbow coatpeg. I love the other choices too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my print :D It wouldn't be proper camping if it didn't sling it down at some point!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...