|Stage 1 in the amazing fireguard makeover!|
From here I added:
one and a bit tester pots in 'Buttermilk'
a splash of 'Powder Blue'
a smidgen of 'Deep Violet' acrylic and
about 3 layers of decoupage varnish...
and I am pleased to report that although I only did a bodgers job at sanding, the paint appears to have adhered to the surface of the wood splendidly! (So far...!)
And this is what it looks like now:
A massive improvement in my humble opinion!
But don't think that is where the makeover finishes - Oh No... Not only do I need to paint the feet, but this painted wooden fireguard also has to earn its keep - as a funky marketing and display board!
Just wait till you see what I'm going to do to the other side!
Tune in this time next week for the third and final installment!