Friday 17 January 2014

#Project52 - Week 2 - Clear-Out the Garage

My challenge for Week 2 of my #Project52 was slightly less fun than my first week's challenge - and considerably less edible!

After 5 years of neglect it was time to... 'Clear-Out the Garage'

'Before' - Potential contender for H&S nightmare of the year!
Over the years a lot of items have been relegated to the garage as they no longer fit inside our little house or are no longer needed. Many of these items we have hung on to, intending to do a boot fair.

But guess what?

We never did one.

Didn't even get as far as booking a pitch!

So my challenge for this week was to fettle through the piles, throw away or recycle anything that was actually junk and sort out any saleable items to send to the charity shops (As we really are never going to get round to doing a boot fair!)

At the end of 3 hours I had managed to fill our rubbish bin, and our cardboard recycling bin.

More importantly I had 2 bags of clothing and 5 boxes of toys, games, books and household items that I could donate to the local charity!

But... I have a slight confession to make.

The day I chose to do the this challenge was very cold. And I'm afraid after 3 hours, the need for tea and biscuits defeated me. I left the building, closed the door, and haven't been back since...

However, even though Week 2 of #Project52 is a bit of a work in progress, I am still pleased with what I have achieved! A job I've been meaning to do for the last 3 years has now been started - and therefore seems much less daunting. The garage is no longer a contender for health and safety nightmare of the year. And to top it off I have a significant pile to donate to charity!

You'll just have to stay tuned for the 'After' photograph!


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see how your garage looks after cleaning up. I also have so many things gathered in my garage over the time so I am thinking of putting up a garage sale this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...