Tuesday 5 April 2011

This post has been brought to you by the letter....'P'

After last weeks post about looking to the future, I stumbled upon a forum post on Folksy asking What does april hold for you? I thought - I know the answer to this! And so I got chatting with a few people who were sharing their plans and setting themselves particular goals and targets for the coming month(s).

Later on in the day, after catching up on some of the blogs that I follow, I popped back into the forum to add another post which said:
I'm going to try to be a bit more personal and share more about my life in the blog posts that I write. I’ve realised that my favourite blogs that I read, and the posts that are the most enjoyable to write are the ones that are all personal, positive, pretty and professional!
I also decided that this would probably be a good mantra to live life by!

But, dear friends - it didn't end there! The more I thought about it, the more I realised that the letter 'P' has a lot to offer to my life philosophy! So especially for you I have put together a page of pictures that illustrate particularly well the power of 'P'!

Personal

 Yes - this is me! I missed 'face behind the business' day on Facebook so I thought it was time to share a personal picture of me - just so you know who you're dealing with!

So... Am I anything like you imagined?




 Positive

Yes - that is a giant onion!
I'm giving a thumbs up to staying positive and to thinking big!

 
 
Pretty / Pride

This was the result of my first attempt at producing some really clear product shots.

An unashamedly pretty collection!

I was really pleased with the outcome and feel proud of what I have achieved and how far I have come since last June when made by lolly x first started



 
Professional / Presentation

I think a job worth doing is a job worth doing well! There will always be limits to what can be achieved - time and money are not infinite (nor is the amount of space in my craft room!)
Whether it be my professional business branding, the presentation of my stall, or my approach to life in general, I want to take myself seriously (but not too seriously!)

  
Profit / Planning

I really want to make sure I give 100% to the business from now on (after all it has to go some way towards making up the shortfall since I have lost a day of paid employment!)

This means more planning - booking more craft fairs, setting up online shops etc but also being slightly stricter with how I spend my days - making sure that what I am doing helps make some more profit!


 Purple

I'm not sure whether it's just a phase I'm going through,
but the colour purple is featuring even more
heavily than usual in the made by lolly x colour palette!

So much so that I decided that all my passion for this particular colour needed a special outlet.


I can now formally launch my new collection
'A Passion for Purple' available exclusively in my new etsy shop www.madebylolly.etsy.com

Please feel free to post any comments - I'm sure you'll all have some ideas for 'P' words that I've forgotten that I can add to the philosophy!



3 comments:

  1. A very interesting post! I can't think of any other P words offhand - except, my name is Pam...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post. Loving your heart display and your stall from the other day's fair. There is no such thing as too much purple!
    And you're right- that is one huge onion
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A practical and pretty post full of positivity with a portion of purple to perfectly praise the letter P! Which is a good job cos I was hoping for a sesame street reference! x This comment was brought to you by the letter L and the numbers 3 and 9....lolx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...