Friday 15 October 2010

Folksy Friday - Commuting

This weeks Folksy Friday is on the theme of 'Commuting' as since I have started my new job I have had to catch the train to work every morning as the other half has the car! Unfortunately, these journeys are not very comfortable or very inspiring, but they are a necessity of modern life!

I am lucky that my journey only takes half an hour, (and I only have to do it three days a week!) but I know that many others have to suffer through much longer journeys! I have total empathy for all of you who do a long commute as yesterday I had to catch a (very early!) train from Sheffield down to London to go on an induction day for my new job!  

The first three items represent modern day travel as I experienced it yesterday...


And the second set of three items represent commuting in a less hectic time!


 As always, if you want to find out more about any of the items, 
just click on the picture to be taken directly to the seller's shop.

Right, then, time for me to go! 
Places to go (work) 
People to see (well actually I'm the only one in today!) and 
Trains to catch (and it leaves soon!) 

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and delay free commute this morning!

5 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous satchel!! Great other finds too.
    Hope the induction went well
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me smile thanks, great blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ty for including our journal a great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my satchel in you blog Lolly. I couldn't agree more, commuting is pants compared to crafting. Beautiful card collection syou have.
    Thanks for the compliment on my satchel Gemma

    cheers Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that London Card Holder! I'd get one if I lived in London! Like your choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...