Wednesday 8 September 2010

Keeping your chin up!

Card by Accidental Vix
For those of you that have been following my blog for a while now, you will know that recently I was waiting for the postman to arrive with a number of important pieces of information. Now I would like to be dramatic and declare that nothing had yet arrived, but that would not be strictly true!  

Some of the items we were waiting for have of course arrived (despite all the problems, Royal Mail aren't that bad!) but the most important things - including my crb check which will allow me to start work - still haven't. This leaves me with a feeling of hanging around, waiting for things to happen, and sometimes despite my best efforts (and the mountain of housework I could be getting on with!) I do get bored and depressed.

So... today I have decided to do a Monty Python, and will try to look on the bright side of life!

I have drawn up a list of some of the things I really, really like and have decided to see if I can find a craft item to match! I anticipate that this may not be as easy as it sounds - I have a wide variety of 'likes' - but I think the challenge will re-affirm all the fabulous things there are in my life, and perhaps more importantly at this moment, stop me from getting bored!



 From left to right
TOP:  
Scarves - Victoria Jackman, Driving - Violet May, Craft - Skull and Cross Buns
MIDDLE:  
Cheese/Boyfriend! - Storey Shop, Autumn - ialbert, Buttons - The Little Bead Box
BOTTOM:  
Beetroot - Kate Broughton

Well that turned out to be a lot quicker and easier than I first imagined - remarkably, Folksy has quite a few things for sale under the headings 'cheese' and even 'beetroot'! 

It just goes to show that sometimes you don't know what you can find until you start looking!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, hope you get all your important post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my buttons. It's a trial run for, so I'm glad to get the plug - 8 more colours due in soon.
    Hope your CRB turns up soon.
    I like beetroot, too. I'm trying to grow some at the moment, but it's not going quite according to plan.
    Good luck and chin up.
    Liz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its frustating waiting for post that you really need...I've been there- waiting for a CRB.
    Great selection of goodies and post idea for a post. I may have to 'steal' your idea and do a my likes related finds
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the messages! Glad you like the post! Sitting looking out of the window wondering whether today will be the day!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection and thanks for featuring my autumn leaves print.
    -Indira

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog - thanks for featuring my ironing card!

    Hope your post arrives soon :)

    vix.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...