Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tuesday Tips - Buy Out-of-Season...

Buy out-of-season? Have I gone totally mad? Well, if I was talking about fruit and veg, then you would totally have my permission to be shocked and horrified! Of course, when we're talking about fresh produce the mantra must always be, buy local, buy fresh and buy in season (or even better go foraging!)

But today I'm not talking about fresh produce - I'm talking about Winter accessories! In this category, it can often be prudent to buy out-of-season. So many bargains to be had!

Here I can be seen modelling my brand new Winter scarf and hat. The scarf was bought in an Oxfam charity shop on a scorching hot day whilst I was on holiday in Whitby, and the felt beret was bought for a bargain £2 in the Matalan Summer sale! Both items were significantly cheaper then than they will be by the time the cold weather comes round - and... how smug will I be on that first day when the temperature suddenly drops and no one is prepared!



Ok, so the cheap sparkly bow may not be entirely to my taste - but that's not a problem! A few simple snips and it has been removed - ready to be replaced with a brooch from my new 'Monochrome' Collection! The only question is... which one shall I use?!


Many of the brooches seen here are currently making their debut at Otley Court House Art and Resource Centre - and can be seen there throughout the whole of September!
I will be listing them very soon in my Folksy shop but if you can't wait that long and would like a custom order you can email me at : madebylolly@hotmail.com or leave a comment on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/madebylolly


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic brooches! I love them all!
    Polly
    X
    (PollyKrafts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely. I think top right, top left or bottom left would work best. Love them all though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to put a spanner in the works of Alison Belovedly's suggestions, bottom right gets my vote. But then what do BLOKES know about such things?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...